We understand there can be financial barriers to studying abroad. We collaborate with our international partners to identify these barriers. Students participating in the American Semester Program have access to country specific, targeted scholarships.
We are offering more than $60,000 in country-specific scholarships for the 2017-18 academic year. These scholarships are available to students from Belgium, Chile, Columbia, Iceland, the Netherlands, and Sweden. We are also offering a Gap Year Study Scholarship for students participating in a gap year of study through the American Semester Program.
Continue to the Scholarship Application >
In order to apply to most scholarships, students must:
- Be a resident of the country-specific scholarship, or studying in that country
- Be accepted to participate in a direct enrollment semester of study at MSU
- Submit a 500 word essay outlining why they chose to study at MSU and what they hope to receive from the experience
Scholarship recipients are required to:
- Submit a written or video testimonial about their experience, including points on academics and culture prior to departure and program end date
- Submit up to 10 photos prior to leaving MSU that include the following themes: Spartan Life, Friends, Campus and Academics
- Be an ambassador for the American Semester Program in their home country
- Be willing to have your name and photo highlighted on our ASP Alumni Page