International Studies & Programs

Home > Programs > American Semester Program > English Language Center

English Language Center

ELC header.jpg

The Michigan State University (MSU) American Semester Program (ASP) is excited to announce a new partnership with the MSU English Language Center (ELC) starting fall 2019.

This partnership allows eligible students actively studying English as a second language to enroll in the ELC's English for Academic Purposes (EAP) courses, a program focused on improving international student English language abilities through credit-bearing language coursework taught by distinguished ELC faculty.

The MSU ELC is CEA accredited and offers academic English language programs. Students can take up to half of their semester coursework in the ELC program, with the remainder taken in a lower level (100 - 200) academic coursework, ranging from social sciences, humanities and much more.

Applicants interested in studying at MSU with ASP and the ELC can now access applications for fall 2019 or the academic year 2019-2020.

Applications are due by: APRIL 1, 2019



  • This program is for applicants of the American Semester Program (semester and academic year), not summer short courses or exchanges. For the Exchange Student application, please go here. For summer programs, please go here.
  • Applicants for the ELC program must meet all admissions requirements outlined for the ELC / EAP program.
  • A non-refundable $75 application fee must be paid before applications will be considered or processed. Follow this link to our Cashnet storefront (Select "Semester Program Payments & Registrations" on the right-hand side of the screen, then click "American Semester Program Application Fee").
  • Upon acceptance of the semester program, applicants will be prompted to fill out shipping information. This information will be used to send visa paperwork once it is completed. To learn more about our shipping process, please view this PDF.
  • By default, all applicants will be processed as F-1, visiting students. If you have issues or require a different visa (J-1 student visa), please inform us immediately.

For additional questions and inquiries, contact Nick Schrader

Join Our Community