International Studies & Programs

Home > Resources > Available Resources

Student Visas

Students participating in our semester length programs must apply for a student visa.

There are many visa classifications of non-immigrant status. The Office of International Students and Scholars (OISS) at MSU assists us in sponsoring both J-1 and F-1 visas. OISS can provide further information on types of status, procedures, regulations, advantages and limitations for the different visa types.

Your ASP&E Coordinator will make sure you receive all the necessary documents you need to apply for your visa. Please always answer their emails promptly to ensure the process is not delayed.

If you have any questions about your US visa, ask us first:
American Semester Program (Direct Enroll Students): american(at)
Exchange Students: msuex(at)

For more information on visa regulations and guidelines, please visit OISS